Sunday, October 2, 2016

BA223

Topic 1
I was prompted to take this course because marketing is something I want to get into as a career and this class is the foundation of my courses to take ahead and I am really excited to see what this course has to offer!

I am a general ed major but once I transfer to OSU I will pursue a marketing major.

I am most interested in the behind the scenes part of marketing as well as the actual process of it all, I know how much it plays a role in business nowadays as there are plenty of ways to market in this day and age so it excites me being able to see how far it has come and where it can go.

Outside of college I am very interested in the music industry and that is where I want to pursue a marketing career, I currently do marketing for a small company that puts on smaller music events as well as promoting larger events. 

Topic 2
The article that I read was about content marketing and how you can basically learn from your competitions mistakes and strong areas. It goes on to talk about how you can really go and look at what works with your competition. It speaks mainly towards the online area of marketing and how you can really get the numbers through doing small amounts of research and using things that can track and monitor things your competition is doing as well. It speaks on how you can use this research to attract the customers from your competition using there own strengths. 

The main point that applies to marketing in this case is just how content marketing can be used to small business's advantage. Because so many small businesses can fail due to little mistakes including marketing so if you can take advantage of using what your competition does correctly then you are able to go about your marketing process in the most efficient way possible. 

I learned from this article that you can really gain a lot from even your strongest competitor, I feel like a lot of businesses are so focused on doing everything different to set them apart from others that they are close-minded to using what works best to further themselves and allow their business to grow as fast as it can while making minimal mistakes.  

http://www.forbes.com/sites/briansutter/2015/09/29/how-to-outsmart-your-competition-with-content-marketing/3/#2432a1192063

No comments:

Post a Comment